>>>//ACCESSING FILE...

>>>//...

>>>//...

>>>//SENT: VADM H.M.STANFORTH, ONI SECTION 3

>>>//RECIEVED: CAPT N.BANTA, 17th ODST

>>>//HIGH ORBIT, REACH

>>>//22:25 LOCAL REGION TIME

>>>//RECEIVING TRANSCRIPT..

>>\ WISP, open a channel to the Vice Admiral.

^^\ Yes Captain. I think he will be pleased both with the fact that you are early for your meeting and that the company performed well on their mock-operation.

>>\ I hope so WISP...

[2 minutes of silence..]

^^\ The Vice Admiral is coming on screen now Captain.

<<\ Captain, you're early, good.

>>\ Sir, Captain Banta, Reporting as ordered.

<<\ Drop the formalities Captain. I watched the sat-feed of Echo Company's mission... They performed adequatley. Shame the marines here on Reach couldn't get the third objective up in time, but I'm sure your ODSTs would have done well.

>>\ Thank you sir. Should I turn off the automated recording before we continue?

<<\ Not this time Captain, I want your men to hear this. Oh, and you can put away that hand recorder from the other day, you won't need it.

>>\ ... Sir, I-

<<\ No need Captain, you were looking out for your men. I'm sure hearing the name Brimstone is what got them motivated to perform so well. Now, on to the business at hand: You and Echo will board The Fall and rendezvous with Battle group Viper around the 4th Planet in the Capella system. Once you have arrived you will transfer from The Fall to The Silentium one of my agent's Eclipe-Class ONI Prowlers.

>>\ We won't be dropping from-

<<\ You will still be dropping in Captain, just not from your normal ship. The Silentium is one of our larger models, being just smaller than your Fall and its been specially retro-fitted for this operation in order to carry and deploy drop pods. It's stealth plating and radar deflection capabilities make it the only thing that can get above your AO without getting blasted. In fact we have already deployed two of my agents on the ground to help scout out the area for your first mission. As soon as we have finished analyzing that data I'll send it your way for the operation order.

>>\ Blasted, sir?

<<\ The Innies on the Capellan Colony managed to salvage a MAC Cannon from a destroyed Charon-Class Frigate. They've set it up as a planet-side anti ship cannon. They've set it up in the... Deniland region, which is exactly where Faust has taken himself and the disks.

>>\ ... [snicker] Deniland, sir? What kind of name is that?

<<\ ...

>>\ ahem, So the MAC will be our first Objective, then.

<<\ Perceptive, Captain. Yes, unless you can destroy or disable that gun, we wont be able to safely get our ships in orbit around the planet to deploy our main attack force.

>>\ Sir, won't we be detected coming in?

<<\ Normally, you would. However, we have the universe, and irony, on our side. Capella has a yearly meteor shower around this time, called the "Terran Meteor Shower". 

>>\ Terran? As in, Earth?

<<\ Yes, the meteors appear to come out of where Earth sits in their night sky. We have been tracking this shower as it heads towards the system, we are unsure exactly how large the shower will be but it should be large enough to mask at least part of your team initially. Whoever that may be could take out a radar installation in the south western area, that would allow the rest of your company to come in undetected.

>>\ I have just the team in mind sir.

<<\ Good. I should have the rest of the information for your op-order shortly. Good hunting Captain, I want Faust's helmet and tags on a platter and those disks destroyed.

>>\ We'll get it done sir.

<<\ I'm sure you will. Oh, one more thing: If you ever disobey my orders again, and record one of these meetings when I have told you not to, Echo Company will need to find a new CO. Understood?

>>\ ... Aye, sir.

<<\ Stanforth, Out.

>>\ ...

^^\ Well, that could have gone worse.

>>>\TRANSCRIPT COMPLETE

>>>\LOGGING OUT...
Capt N.Banta
Echo Company - Commanding Officer
S-3: Operations Command - OIC
S-6: Department of Combat Imaging - OIC
S-7: Department of Doctrine and Training - OIC
17th ODST